Our hand therapy team provides specialist assessment and treatment to help clients with their hand, wrist, arm or shoulder problem. These problems could arise from sport, work, congenital issues, an accident, surgery, from overuse or from the cumulative effects of just getting older! We treat all age groups from the cradle onwards.
We work closely with other health professionals such as your GP and specialist (orthopaedic surgeon, hand surgeon, plastic surgeon), Allied Health (physiotherapists and occupational therapists) and rehabilitation providers. This ensures that we are all communicating well and working together to provide you with the best care and treatment.
Hand Therapy Services:
- Comprehensive hand/wrist/elbow and shoulder assessment
- Custom made thermoplastic splinting
- Waterproof fibre glass upper limb casting
- Wound care
- Scar and oedema (swelling) management
- Desensitisation of scars/skin following injury or surgery
- Custom made neoprene (wetsuit) splints for fingers/thumb, wrist and elbow
- Upper limb pain management (utilising graded motor imagery, mirror box therapy, InterX, dry needling)
- Exercise programs to improve movement and strength
- Upper limb dry needling
- Education regarding your condition and ways to manage as you recover
- Detailed hand therapy reports if required